BT Redcare has launched a new handheld mobile signal checker , the Mobile Signal Analyser (MSA). The MSA enables installers to quickly determine the best location to fit mobile network connectivity-reliant alarm signalling solutions.
Ensuring they can get deployment locations right first time, every time, it provides them and end-customers with the confidence that solutions will always perform in emergencies and signal to Alarm Receiving Centres (ARC) when alarms are triggered.
MSA checks the strength of 4G and 2G networks across the UK’s four MNOs. Working in conjunction with the BT Redcare app, it’s a small box solution that links to compatible smart devices via Bluetooth. MSA can check individual networks for signal strength, availability, and number of cell towers available, while also performing holistic analysis across all networks. Additionally, it possesses an analytics mode so network strength can be monitored over time.
The BT Redcare app is customisable, providing installers with the flexibility to quickly build reports including MSA results, pictures and notes, which can be immediately shared in PDF, streamlining the admin that installers face during the sales and survey process.
Nick Whiting, Head of BT Redcare said: “Installers hold the key to the nation’s security and they have a huge responsibility to deploy alarm signalling solutions where they will always operate as intended. MSA empowers them to quickly determine whether locations are suitably covered by 2G and 4G connectivity and mitigates them having to return to sites to refit. Also, if end-customers are located in areas of low signal coverage, the installer can be immediately open about the options available, such as the use of extension aerials.”
“Ultimately, not only is MSA a great time saver, with installers not having to download or do anything else to produce reports, but it instils confidence that solutions will help keep people, premises and possessions safe.”
Installers can use MSA to quickly deploy the BT Redcare Next Generation portfolio, which includes:
· Essential: a wireless, easy to install SP2 device with an integrated SIM that switches between mobile networks to find the most reliable coverage to send signals across 2G and 4G
· Essential Extra: a wireless DP2 device with two 4G SIMs. The fully-monitored second SIM keeps customers connected if the first one fails, and it switches between networks to always get the best coverage.
· Advanced: a flexible DP2 dual path alarm signalling system designed to change with a customer’s needs. With both a wired IP connection and dual 4G SIMs – one fixed and one roaming – it offers two levels of reassurance.
· Advanced Extra: with rapid alert response times, ARCs will know about connection faults on the primary path within three minutes. Differing technologies for the signalling paths provides that extra resilience. Meeting DP3 requirements.
· Ultimate: connected using a private IP connection on a dedicated BT Redcare broadband network, with its own built-in hub and backed up by two 4G SIMs. Battery backup in the alarm panel provides a failsafe and ARCs will know of any connection problems within 90 seconds exceeding DP4.
And for those areas with no mobile signal coverage:
· Essential IP: This smart single path alarm signalling device reports path faults within an hour which exceeds SP2 standard requirements plus it offers enhanced monitoring and end to end encryption. Connected to a customer’s broadband using Ethernet or wi-fi also makes it hassle free to fit.
All solutions within the BT Redcare Next Generation alarm signalling portfolio are ECHO-ready, LPCB certified and come with a 10-year product guarantee and are manufactured from recyclable plastic.
MSA is available now on the BT Redcare Installer Shop with the BT Redcare App available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.