Axis Communications, a leader in network video, has confirmed further details for its OPEN event in London on 31 October 2023 to be held at Wembley Stadium. The Axis OPEN event will open new opportunities for visitors, facilitate connection with wider industry leaders in networking events and enable discovery of the challenges and opportunities arising from the key trends in the security industry including how technology is driving innovation in security, safety, and operational efficiency.
Event Agenda – OPEN London
OPEN London, in partnership with Genetec and Milestone, will be structured around three working areas, including OPEN Mind for inspiring plenary sessions, panel debates and breakout workshops; OPEN Learn, a tech bar to start conversations and answer questions in an intimate and friendly space; and OPEN Zone to enable the easy delivery of presentations and product demos within partner pods.
With a focus on education, collaboration and networking, OPEN London will provide an intimate and insightful day for systems integrators, distributors, and consultants, as well as end-customers, to hear more about the key issues impacting the security industry, including
i. Trust and resilience in the supply chain: Amidst recent challenges that have shaken the global business landscape, the resilience of supply chains has been put to the test. Fostering economic growth means building supply chain resilience for a better future.
ii. Ethics and Sustainability: Advances in technological capabilities, environmental concerns and increasing customer expectations mean organisations must commit to high standards of ethical behaviour. Security technology must meet legal compliance on hazardous substances, such as REACH and RoHS.
iii. Cybersecurity and device interoperability: There are inherent risks when improperly secured IoT devices are installed on an IT network. A security system is only as strong as its weakest link and network surveillance cameras which are not cyber-secure can be used as a backdoor to gain access to the network.
iv. Compliance and data regulation: With increased digitisation and an evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, it is critical to improve cybersecurity risk management continually. Dedicated tools, documentation and training will help mitigate risks and keep products and services protected.
v. Digital transformation: Due to the vast potential of a network camera, acting as a sensor and a business intelligence tool, they are now being incorporated into tailor-made smart applications that are designed to solve specific industry problems with no related security factor.
vi. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): Without full transparency, it is very difficult to evidence the complete cost and subsequent end-to-end value of a security solution across its entire lifespan. Businesses need to be sure of the integrity of the systems deployed and the pedigree of the vendors behind them.
OPEN London Speakers
To provide key insights and lead the discussion around these topics, Axis has confirmed a number of high-level speakers that bring a huge depth of experience and knowledge from their specific industry fields:
- Verena Rathjen – Vice President EMEA; An experienced business leader, subject matter expert on sustainability with a passion for people and performance
- Atul Rajput – Director, Channel Partners & End Customers – EMEA; A fervent believer that technology can build a better world; Purpose beyond profit is a matter close to Atul’s heart
- Steven Kenny – Architect & Engineering Program Manager – EMEA; Passionate about the cyber security of security systems, Steven is the Director of Systems, Information and Cybersecurity for ASIS International – UK Chapter, and is the UK technology advisor for TINYg
- Markus Lai – Manager – Engineering, Training & Portfolio Strategy – EMEA; A trusted advisor that enjoys telling engaging stories about complex technology and the potential of digital transformation
- Jamie Donald – Program Director TIP; Collaboration and technology integration is what drives innovation; Jamie is enthused by the power of open source software to create a smarter world.
Axis, Genetec and Milestone will be joined at OPEN by event partners and sponsors including Canon; ADI; FF Group; Anixter; Mayflex; BriefCam; Qognify; Secure Logiq; Norbain; SiB Solutions; Araani; Ingram Micro; Siklu; and 2N.
Register now for OPEN London, 31/10: